Our Vision is to promote Inclusion, Empowerment, Peace, Equality and Development in Nigeria and to generate employment opportunities for the youth and eradicate poverty. A forum Member shall be a person from 18 years of age. Membership can be at any time of the year or otherwise classified and endorsed by the Board of Trustees. Non Nigerian joining the Forum must be endorsed by the Board of Trustees.
Our Mission is to ensure Inclusion, Empowerment, Equality and Development in Nigeria. Peace and Progress for Nigeria (PPFN) provide a Forum to connect both young and old Nigerians in sharing and discussing issues relating to the social, economic and political problems in Nigeria.
We are the voice of young and old people in Nigeria, where people demand for good governance, reform in educational system, technology, economic and other social organs. Our vision is to generate employment opportunities for the youths and eradicate poverty in the society.
The Peace and Progress for Nigeria (PPFN) platform works to empower Nigerian youths to participate actively in the society in order to improve their lives, especially in the current uncertain political and social context that affect Nigerian citizens.
In order to achieve our mission, we plan to organize side events covering a large variety of themes. Also, we plan to have joint events with partners and organisations both in Nigeria and other parts of the world.
We support the United Nation 2030 „Sustainable Development Goals“ (SDGs).
Codes of Conduct of the Forum
We are political, social and economic group that has the interest of peace, unity and progress in Nigeria at heart. We welcome civil and thoughtful discussions from a broad spectrum of viewpoints. So, the members are free to express their opinions in accordance to the aims and objectives of the forum without selfish interest. Nevertheless to maintain a welcoming and secured environment for a wide range of people to participate and engage in conversations pertaining to the development of Nigeria, we prohibit certain conduct.
Each participant in the forum is responsible for maintaining these standards:
- The platform prohibits vulgar and abusive language. In other words, we do not allow content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
- The members must act in matured and diplomatic manners when dealing with political, social, economic and other collaborated issues of the forum. In other words, members should exercise courtesy during discussions and in the messages they transmit on the platform and may not use the platform to transmit defamatory, obscene and other offensive communications.
- We do not allow religious posts and publications on the platform because members have different religious beliefs. Members are advised to exercise their religious freedom outside the forum.
- We do not allow content or actions that threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
- We do not allow harassment of any kind, that is, bullying, threatening, or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
- We do not allow hateful text, images, symbols, materials, publications or other content that is against our vision and mission.
- We do not allow calls for exclusion, intolerance, or segregation based on protected characteristics, nor do we allow the glorification of groups which do any of the above.
- We do not allow posts or publications that glorify, celebrate and downplay any political group.
- The forum will not tolerate discrimination of any sorts, that is, age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief and disability.
- By joining the forum, one agrees to follow the rules, terms and conditions of the forum.
- Information posted on the forum platform will be treated as confidential and therefore should not disclose any confidential and other information.
- Members are prohibited to distribute files, post articles or other information subject to trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights except with the consent of the owner of the rights.
- We do not allow posting copies of private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication.
- Members are prohibited from using the forum platform to communicate about business services or other proprietary information. Thus, posting of commercial messages, advertisements, promotions, and selling of goods and services are prohibited.
- The forum may not be used in a manner that violates applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Members are prohibited from using the platform for any purpose that may be illegal. For example, the platform may not be used to solicit or disseminate information having to do with, or to conduct any activity relating to pornography, illegal drugs, spreading computer viruses, gambling, scamming, trafficking credit card codes, illegal boycotts, software infringement or other crimes.
- The Forum board of trustees will deny any member or individual who has not agreed to the terms of these Rules/conducts and reserves the right, in its sole discretion to remove any postings or other content that is not consistent with these Rules/Conducts or otherwise not in the best interest of the forum.
The forum board of trustees will suspend or terminate the membership of the individual who violate the Rules/Conducts of the forum or who otherwise act in a manner contrary to the interests of the forum.